H.R.5911 - Countering Violent Extremism Task Force Oversight Act. 114th Congress (2015-2016)
· Introduced by Rep. Todd Young (R-IN-9)
· Died in previous Congress before significant action
· This bill requires the Department of Homeland Security and the Department of Justice to jointly submit to Congress an annual report on the Countering Violent Extremism Task Force.
· Each report shall include an examination of how the task force:
o plans and coordinates countering violent extremism programs of the federal government;
o evaluates the effectiveness of such programs;
o plans and coordinates such programs that specifically address and counter the threat of radicalization of U.S. citizens or lawful permanent residents by foreign terrorists or foreign terrorist organizations through the Internet, social media, or other platforms; and
o plans and coordinates such programs that specifically address and counter the threat of lone wolf acts of terrorism conducted by U.S. citizens or lawful permanent residents who have been radicalized.
· Each such report also shall examine:
o the levels of funding, personnel, and agency resources that are devoted to the task force;
o problems and difficulties associated with the development, implementation, and coordination of such programs;
o a comparison of the task force with similar organizations and programs employed by U.S. allies and partners; and
o proposed policy recommendations for developing coordinated, coherent, cohesive whole-government countering violent extremism programs.